Expression of Interest: FUSE Meet the Makers Project (Working Title)
FUSE Darebin is seeking expressions of interest from a Darebin based creative or creative team to develop, produce and present an artwork (or artworks) that reflects the characters, personalities, stories and traditional skills of past entrants in Darebin’ s amateur home winemaking tasting event and competition for FUSE Autumn 2021.
The artwork could be from any suitable medium from short film to portraiture (and anything in between) or may be multi-arts in form. Artwork must be presented in a COVID-safe manner as part of FUSE Autumn (11-28 March 2021). Projects that can be presented in a format that can easily accommodate the possible addition of a ‘launch’ or ‘opening’ style event or function will be considered favourably.
The number of entrants featured in the artwork is negotiable and will be dependent on the form the artwork takes, but it is envisaged that it would be at least half a dozen. Creatives or creative teams will liaise with the Festival team around engagement with past entrants in the ‘Meet the Makers’ amateur home winemaking competition.
FUSE will provide marketing and publicity for the project as part of the broader FUSE marketing campaign and may be able to provide Council Venue support by mutual agreement. FUSE would also be responsible for any additional ‘launch’ or ‘opening’ style event or function.
- Design, develop and present the culmination of a project that creatively captures and celebrates the characters, personalities, stories and traditional skills of selected past entrants in Darebin’s Meet the Makers amateur home wine tasting event and competition.
- The project should be suitable for presentation as part of FUSE Autumn 2021 in Darebin.
- The project design and any creative works should align with City of Darebin values and keep the expectations of Darebin’s diverse community in mind. Applicants should consider the Darebin Arts Strategy and Council Plan when designing the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- All elements of design, delivery and presentation of the project
- Engagement with past entrants in Meet the Makers competition in partnership with FUSE Producer
- Provision of any and all equipment, materials and personnel required to design, deliver and present the project to high quality
- Liaising with FUSE Producer regarding possible use of Council venues and any related requirements
- Presenting proposed artwork concepts to panel for content review and factoring this into project timelines
- Contributing to the development of marketing plans and associated materials for the project, including writing program and promotional copy including image and publicity requests.
- Providing a copy of Certificate of Currency/Public Liability Insurance ($20 million)
- Project funding of up to $15,000 is available, which is to cover all fees and materials/production costs related to your project. You will be asked to submit a basic budget outlining your project costs as part of your expression of interest.
- Project funding will be paid out as per the following schedule: 50% on signing letter of agreement, 25% at content review and 25% on completion.
- An additional budget will be managed by FUSE Producer towards any additional launch style event or function.
Expressions of Interest open: Wednesday 18 November
Expressions of interest close: Wednesday 2 December, 4pm
Project commences: Mid-December
Content review: Mid-January
Presentation as part of FUSE Autumn: March 2021
A selection panel will consist of two FUSE team members and one creative consultant.
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Creative merit (How successfully will the project capture the characters, personalities, stories and traditional skills of the selected entrants? To what extent is the project concept interesting and creative? How well is the quality of the creative outcome articulated? Evidenced by response to project brief.)
- Affinity and creative engagement with the subject matter (To what extent does the response to the project brief and CV indicate an appropriate understanding of the subject matter? Evidenced by response to project brief and CV.)
- Experience designing, undertaking and delivering high quality creative projects with communities. (What experience does the creative or creative team have designing, delivering and presenting similar projects? Evidenced by CV and examples of previous work.)
- Viability & Value (How realistic is the timeline? How clear is the budget? Does the project indicate good value? Evidenced by timeline & budget.)
- To what extent does the project concept lend itself to the addition of a launch style function or event?
Contact Emily Fuller, Senior Producer, Creative Culture and Events on 8470 8593 or Emily.Fuller@darebin.vic.gov.au
How to Apply
Complete an expression of interest below.
- A one-page (500 words) response to the project brief that provides an overview of your proposed project design and demonstrates your affinity for the subject matter.
- One-page CVs
- Simple timeline
- Simple budget
- Examples/Links to examples of relevant previous work