Expression of Interest: Podcast Producer
Expression of Interest: Podcast Producer for FUSE Podcast Series – Talks with Local Writers
FUSE Darebin is seeking expressions of interest from local podcasters, journalists, artists or writers to produce a podcast series profiling Darebin authors. The series will be aimed at emerging writers and have a focus on skill-sharing, with each profiled author sharing their writing journey – how they got started, what inspires them, challenges they’ve faced, tips for budding authors, etc.
FUSE Darebin is City of Darebin’s brand-new multi-arts festival. Every Autumn and Spring, FUSE usually transforms Darebin into a dynamic hub of creativity, bringing artists, communities and audiences to our streets, parks, band rooms, theatres and galleries to immerse themselves in art, culture and creativity of all forms.
But, in light of the restrictions on public gatherings currently in place as a result of COVID-19, we have shifted our Spring 2020 festival program to focus on events that support local creatives and can be experienced within the parameters of physical distancing.
- Create a podcast series aimed at upskilling and inspiring emerging writers, as well as profiling local writers to FUSE audiences.
- The series will profile 4-6 Darebin writers, with each episode focusing on a different writer’s journey, exploring how they got started, what inspires them, challenges they’ve faced, tips for budding authors, etc.
- Selected writers should represent a diversity of writing styles, genres and perspectives.
- Exact format and content of podcast to be determined by Podcast Producer in collaboration with FUSE Darebin.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Podcast Producer is responsible for:
- Researching and selecting writers to be featured
- Liaising with all selected writers
- Design and development of episode content, including scripts/interview questions (in liaison with FUSE Darebin Producers)
- Overseeing the production of the podcast, including sound recording and editing and the creation and management of a production schedule
- Budget management
- Contribute to the development of marketing plans and materials for the podcast, including assistance with writing program and promotional copy, image requests and copyright, and compiling writer bios.
- Assist with the preparation of artist contracts and other administrative tasks.
- Provision of all technical equipment required for the production of the podcast, ensuring a high-quality end product.
A detailed budget, financial requirement to be advised as part of the EOI. The budget will need to cover all fees, including production and artist fees (plus GST if applicable) will be paid to the Podcast Producer for this project.
Payments will be made as followed:
- Payment 1 (upon project commencement) first half payment of agreed budget
- Payment 2 (upon delivery of completed podcast) second and final payment of agreed budget.
The Project budget, covering production costs and speaker fees, needs to be included in payment.
Expressions of Interest open: May 28, 2020
Expressions of interest close: June 8, 2020
Project commences: June 15, 2020
Podcast completed and submitted for Spring FUSE: 15 September 2020
How to Apply
Please complete an expression of interest below by Monday 8 June 2020.
Your expression of interest should include:
- A cover letter (max 2 pages)
- A recent CV with at least two current references (max 1 page)
- Web links to samples of relevant previous work
- Proposed project budget of between $8,000 -$10,000 (The budget will need to cover your fee, and include production and artist fees plus GST if applicable)
Your cover letter should include responses to the following selection criteria:
- An overview of your skills and experience as relevant to the role
- Why you are interested in the role and why you would be a good fit
- Evidence of strong networks within the writing industry, knowledge of local writers and connections to the Darebin creative community.
If you would like to discuss your application with a Council officer, please call Bronwyn Ryan-Mercer, Senior Producer on 03 8470 8551 or email Bronwyn.Ryan-Mercer@darebin.vic.gov.au or contact Festivals & Events Coordinator, Simon Clarke.